The World Almanac® and Book of Facts 2018
The 150th Anniversary Special Edition Includes New Features and Popular Favorites; Highlights from Past Years, Profile of the Trump Administration, and More
How does the Trump administration’s first year compare to those of past presidents? How do Harvey and Irma stack up against other historic hurricanes? While 2017 was a momentous year, its significant events will live on and gain context in The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018, available in print and as an eBook for all platforms on December 5. The 150th anniversary edition of America’s best-selling reference book celebrates its illustrious history while keeping an eye on the future in order to be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year.
New features include “150 Years of The World Almanac,” with highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned “facts” illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times; “World Almanac Editors’ Picks: Greatest Single-Season Performances,” featuring athletes’ best single-season runs; “Statistical Spotlight,” featuring infographics relevant to the biggest stories of the year; and “The Obama Presidency,” a recap of the policy achievements and challenges of the 44th U.S. president.
Favorite sections making their return include “Year in Sports,” “Top 10 News Topics,” “The World at a Glance,” “Time Capsule,” “Offbeat News Stories,” and “Historical Anniversaries.”
“For 150 years, The World Almanac and Book of Facts has remained a constant, authoritative source for people all around the globe,” said Sarah Janssen, senior editor of The World Almanac. “In this anniversary edition, we’ve included special features that look back on our proud history and key milestones from the past—along with additions that spotlight the past year’s developments. And with The World Almanac, you’ll take on 2018 with all of the information you’ll need in the year to come.”
Features to look forward to include:
- 150 Years of The World Almanac: This special feature celebrating The World Almanac‘s historic run includes highlights from its distinguished past and some old-fashioned “facts” illustrating how its defining mission has changed with the times.
- Historical Anniversaries: The World Almanac‘s recurring feature expands to incorporate milestone events and cultural touchstones dating to the book’s founding year, from the impeachment of President Andrew Johnson to the publication of Little Women.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- The Obama Presidency: A year after Barack Obama’s second term came to a close, The World Almanac reviews the accomplishments, missteps, and legacy of the 44thpresident.
- Other New Highlights: A brand-new biography of the 45th president and profile of the Trump administration; official 2016 election results; and statistics on criminal incarceration and sentence lengths, health care, overdose deaths, shootings, terrorism, and much more.
- The Year in Review: The World Almanac takes a look back at 2017 while providing all the information you’ll need in 2018.
- 2017—Top 10 News Topics: The editors of The World Almanac list the top stories that held the world’s attention in 2017.
The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2018 is available for purchase at www.worldalmanac.com and wherever books are sold. For the eBook version, please check your online retailer.