This summer, Chex is introducing Blueberry Chex cereal, a delightful new twist on a gluten-free family favorite. Flavored with real blueberries and other natural flavors, it’s sure to be the hit of the season.
New Blueberry Chex delivers the great fruit flavor of blueberries. Blueberry Chex cereal is the 8th flavor in the current Chex portfolio and is the only fruit flavor currently available. Flavored with blueberries and other natural flavors, Blueberry Chex contains just 6 grams of sugar, and features whole grain as the first ingredient.
This Chex cereal is good right out of the box, for breakfast with a splash of milk, or include it in fun summertime recipes. Check out the recipe below for Blueberry-Lemon Muddy Buddies.
I have to say, personally, I am not a blueberry fan, but I am a fan of Chex. This cereal has just the right amout of blueberry flavor to not be too overwhelming. While I am not a blueberry fan, I actually liked this cereal and plan on making it a staple in my household. We love chex mix and making muddy buddy snacks for our time on the road, which is a lot.
Blueberry Chex cereal is set to retail for $3.39, and will be available at retailers nationwide in July. For recipes or more info on other Chex brand cereals, please visit www.chex.com
Blueberry Lemon Muddy Buddies
- One box of Blueberry Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal and set aside
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on high for one minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon re-sealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
Tip: To make ahead or for crispier Muddy Buddies, omit butter.