Story Synopsis: As you float down the river that rolls and rumbles through Land of AND, you’ll get the chance to join up with new and interesting characters you may not have thought to include in your plans before. You’ll learn that even those who seem scary or different at first may bring something great to your journey; whether it’s a special skill, a wealth of experience, or even just a unique sense of style! You’ll have to watch out for the Yabbut, who tries to keep your odd and unusual new friends from coming aboard. But with help and wise advice from your trusty river guide, you’ll make sure that everyone gets to come along! Land of AND is for ages 5 through 10, but intended for everyone!
Why We Love This Book:
- Teaches children that our uniqueness makes us special
- The rhyme in the book reminds us of many a Dr. Seuss book with it’s delivery
- The illustrations are amazing – you will spend more time looking at the pictures with your kids than you ever thought possible
- The characters are overly adorable and make you not want to turn the page, but the story does, so you may be in a quandary
- This book is not just for children – adults alike will LOVE it!
- Your kids will ask for this to be read to them over and over
- There is web interaction with a Travel Guide to help you and your young travelers navigate through the Land of And
- There are descriptions of all the fun characters as well as printable guides to use as daily reminders of the journey.
About the Author: As a lover of rhyme, rhythm and reason, Katie continues to share with others her passion for teaching, creating greater awareness and living a conscious life through these children’s books. She has spent many years as a teacher of all things fun. From geology to mountain biking and skiing to karate, her love of seeing kids, and adults, develop new skills and understanding of the world around them continues.
Katie holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Science Communication and a Professional Master’s of Science and Technology. She has worked as a teacher, coach, gourmet food store manager, writer, graphic designer, geology assistant, public affairs official, and emergency manager. All of which have led her to her dream job – making a difference in the lives of not just children, but for all those who read her books.